Phishing is one of the most common forms of social engineering, and according to Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report 2022, phishing is involved in almost 20% of data breaches. While cybercriminals deploy different techniques and tools to conduct a phishing attack, companies can also use phishing tools to perform phishing attacks and identify security vulnerabilities across their organization.
Here, we will mention the top eight phishing tools for Linux. Table of content:
- What is Phishing?
- 8 Best Phishing Tools
What is Phishing?
Phishing is a form of social engineering where an attacker sends an email to the recipient faking to be from a legitimate person or a reputable company. That email may contain a malicious link or attachment. Following the link may ask you to enter your credentials which can result in the loss of sensitive data. Or the attachment may contain malware. If downloaded, it can infect your system with malware and result in data loss.
8 Best Phishing Tools
Using phishing tools, organizations can conduct phishing attacks on their employees to identify weak points. Some of the best phishing tools are:
Socialphish is an open-source simulation tool for Linux. It has lots of features to execute phishing attacks, and it is convenient to use compared to other social engineering toolkits. Moreover, Socialphish has different templates for over 33 websites, including Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Origin Steam, Github, Yahoo, Snapchat, Spotify, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc.
Users can also utilize a custom template to execute simple phishing attacks. It allows users to be creative so that the email appears as real as possible.
- It is an easy-to-use open-source phishing tool.
- Can make over 30 website pages.
- It is written in Python.
- A beginner-friendly toolkit.
- It is illegal to use Socialphish to attack targets without prior mutual consent.
Shellphish is another phishing tool, and it is used to generate phishing pages for the most prominent social networking websites, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. This phishing tool contains templates for almost 18 websites, all of which are social media websites or email providers. It is easy to execute a phishing attack using ShellPhish. Users can use this tool to get ID and password credentials.
- It can hack social media and related platforms.
- It is best suited for data harvesting through WAN.
- Easy to setup and install
- BASH language based
- Consists of 18 general and one custom website
- Strong Copyleft, GPL-3.0 License.
Zphisher is a beginner-friendly phishing tool and an upgraded form of shellphish. It is an automated phishing tool with more than 30 templates. Moreover, Zphisher is easy to use, and even amateurs can utilize this tool. Also, it can be used to generate unlimited followers pages. However, Zphisher consists of multiple dependency packages and an update to pre-installed packages.
- Four port forwarding tool
- Consists of templates for regular social media and web pages.
- It is lightweight and doesn’t take any additional space.
- Mask URL support
- Docker support
Blackeye is an ultimate phishing tool with templates for over 38 websites, including Snapchat, Google, Instagram, Yahoo, PayPal, Spotify, Protonmail, GitHub, Protonmail, Twitch, Linkedin, etc. Using ngrok introspectable tunnels, you can execute a phishing attack both inside and outside LAN.
- Uses port forward to keep you connected with your target’s machine.
- Inbuilt arm support
- Mobile version supported
- 32+ one customizable template
King-Phisher is a beginner-friendly phishing tool and has an easy-to-use user interface. Its extremely flexible architecture gives you complete authority over the server content. For firm-related uses, you have to take permission to access its database. Moreover, it is a feature-rich phishing tool comprising different options, alerts, and web page duplicating abilities.
In addition, King Phisher can emulate real-life phishing attacks. It can be used to run campaigns from basic training to more complicated scenarios.
- Can perform credential harvesting to extract login credentials.
- It can detect the geolocation of phishing visitors
- It can run various phishing campaigns at once.
- Checks integrated Sender Policy framework
Gophish is a phishing tool for Kali Linux built-in Go that can assist organizations to determine liability for phishing attacks. This simple tool supports developing email templates, recipient lists, landing pages, and sending profiles. Moreover, it is free to use and enables speedy execution.
- Easy to install and fast implementation
- Contains pixel-perfect phishing templates
- Real-time result reports
- Accustomed to business clients and partners.
- Full HTML editor.
This phishing tool creates a fake access point of the network that will fool the victim into connecting to it. It is a wireless audit and attack software. Known for its several features, Ghost Phisher is written in Python and can be used for credential phish and session hijacking.
Moreover, it uses passive and ethernet modes for session hijacking. Ghost Phishers can imitate access points and several internal networking servers for phishing attacks, networking, and penetration testing.
- HTTP server
- Automatic credential logging using SQLite Database
- Webpage Hosting and Credential Logger (Phishing)
- Wifi Access point Emulator
- Can perform Penetration using Metasploit Bindings
Hidden Eye is an advanced phishing tool that can execute regular phishing and keystroke logging. This contemporary tool consists of great operative elements and brute force assault techniques. It can phish almost 30+ social media websites, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Also, it can use major e-commerce, business, and social media webpages as an attack surface to target online.
- It contains various tunneling services.
- It is a highly efficient tool for Enterprise level Penetration Testing.
- It can select between Custom URLs and Random URLs.
- Can conduct live attacks with geolocations, ISP, etc.
While these tools are available for anyone to use, it is recommended to use them for educational purposes only and to defend against real-world phishing attacks. Keep yourself secure and do not fall victim to such attacks. With increased phishing assaults, organizations must educate their employees to avoid such attacks. They can use these tools to educate their employees and reduce phishing attacks as much as possible.